My Birthday Week..

For two of my birthday dinners (a birthday should be a week long celebration!) I checked out two newish restaurants in Chicago - Fulton's on the River and del toro. I also went to one great restaurant you can also count on for great food - Wildfire.

Fulton's on the River has a great location - right on the river in downtown Chicago. The menu consists of steak and seafood. Like your typical steakhouse, sides are served a la carte. I think it's location it probably the biggest draw. The food was good but nothing spectular for the price. I think Shaw's or Hugo's are much better. The wait staff was very nice but service was slow and unorganized. Another major con is my boyfriend got sick later that night SO we definitely will not be going back if it's up to us.

del toro is a trendy tapas restaurant located in Bucktown. If you are familiar will Bucktown, you probably have heard of Mod. del toro is in the old Mod space. Very cool interior especially if you get a table in the back of the restaurant. The food was very good but portions are small - which is fine for me and my friends but probably not for guys. Our waitress was great with recommendations and leading us through the menu. The only thing I did not like about the restaurant was they didn't give you an bread which I think is important for tapas-style dining. I would definitely recommend del toro, especially if you live in the Bucktown area.


Thanks to everyone that helped me celebrate my birthday!! On to another great year...